From Marvin's Arena
Marvin's Arena is a free and entertaining programming game. The game is designed to easily learn programming in any .NET compatible language. It is suited for new programmers to gain experience with the .NET languages and development tools as well as for experienced programmers to enhance efficient development.
You create a robot and let it fight against one or more opponents in a tournament. The first robot can be written in only a few minutes but complex robots might take some time for perfection. More experienced developers can even create robots working in a team to fight other teams.
The robots can move, scan for opponents and fire bullets and rockets to survive in the battle!
About Marvin's Arena
- Getting Started - What is Marvin's Arena and what can you do with it
- Features - Currently available features
- System Requirements - System requirements
- About - Further information about the author and tools
Downloading and Installing
- Installing Visual Studio - Install Visual Studio
- Downloading and Installing Marvin's Arena - Install Marvin's Arena and Visual Studio Starter Kit
- Setting Up Your Robot - Create your first robot project
- Share - Share your robot with other developers
- Tutorials - Different level tutorials
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Code Snippets - Useful and less usefull code snippets
- Articles - More stuff in the Internet.
- Ladder - Ranking of the best robots
- Roadmap - Release and feature plan
- Framework Architecture - Documentation of the architecture of Marvin's Arena
- API Reference - Compiled HTML Help (.chm) format